Thursday, October 30, 2008

A little blue ribbon...

Have you ever read, or watched the story of the little blue ribbon floating around on the internet? Well that story touched my life today, literally. In my job I have the opportunity to interact with wonderful adolescents everyday. It's a hard job trying to get these kids to make changes, to hear the things they have been through, and to care so much but feel underappreciated. It's the small moments like today that make my job worth it...

One of the girls on my caseload said she had something for me. Out of her pocket she pulled a blue ribbon that said, "Who I am Makes a Difference". She simply said, "I gave one of these to Nicole (her therapist) and you. Thank you for making a difference in my life." It's the small moments like these that make my job worth it!

Here's the story if you're interested:
http://www.youcanmakeadifference.com.au/RibbonStory.asp

2 comments:

KC said...

Emily, I am so glad that she did that for you. Sometimes it is the smallest act that makes you feel like everything you do is worth it! Love you cuz!

Ali said...

That is really cool EmS. Thanks for sharing that. ;)