Sunday, February 22, 2009

The next best thing to 'Friends'

Back in the day I was an avid 'Friends' watcher. In fact, during the 2002 season my friend Garnet and I were driving to Seattle the night of the season finale. Her parents HATED 'Friends' and we KNEW they would not record it for us so we were brainstorming all the ways we could watch 'Friends' that night. We finally settled on a hospital waiting room. So around 7pm we stopped at the nearest town, found a hospital, discovered an empty waiting room and had the time of our lives sitting on the floor watching the season finale of 'Friends'....a little obsessive? Maybe....

Anyway, I was sad when 'Friends' ended and have yet to find my replacement. While 'The Office' is top of my list it does not replace 'Friends'. Well recently I discovered it. 'The Big Bang Theory'! It is so HILARIOUS. I cry from laughing so hard nearly every episode. While nothing will ever beat 'Friends' I have a close replacement that I highly recommend.....

2 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

It's true: Nothing will top FRIENDS. I do, however, also have a very soft spot in my heart for Will & Grace. Give it a whirl. =)

Garnet said...

HAH! I still love that we stopped at that hospital in the tri cities to watch our show. What nuts we were! But such a great memory!