Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ode to Diet Coke

Since my recent kidney issues, I have had to quit carbonation all together. I am not a big carbonation drinker, but my doctor told me for now that had to be the one thing I cut out of my diet. Every once in a while I just NEED a diet coke. My mouth starts to water, I start to feel better and happier, my eyes light up, and get goose bumps....and then I remember my 3 weeks of ****. Such a downer. But I KNOW I do not want to have any more problems...so instead, I drink a glass of water....sigh....

2 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Hey, it could be worse than water: I could be making you green smoothies every day. =)

Garnet said...

Oh Em. That is sad. I don't do it very often either. But every once in a blue moon, I just NEED a coke. And just knowing that it was off limits, I'm afraid would make the desire that much greater. But you can do it EM! You'll just have to find a non-carbonated substitute ... um like ... uh ... Propel? Okay, yeah. So not the same thing.