Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Politics...I love them

This post is mainly for the benefit of my family who have been worried about me and my political views. For some strange reason I have gotten into the presidential race this last year or so. I hate politics, I generally just look at the issues, the stances, and then vote. I don't consider myself democrat or republican. I could go either way--although sometimes, being a state employee makes me swing a little more to the left....

So at first, I was liking Obama. Here's my reasoning, I figure the democrats are going to win this next election, and well, he was our best option of the two. But my family was appalled that I even liked him. Now I never said I would vote for him, I've never committed to voting for anyone. But I did think he would be the best option....Then I quickly got sick of him. Basically I just see him as all talk and no action...blah blah blah.

But more than thinking he's a fake, at times I have thought McCain is worse. Until he made the smartest decision of his life. He chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. I'd never heard of her. Who had really? But tonight I heard her speech and boy was I impressed! She is one sharp women, knows what she thinks, says it tactfully, and well she just seems amazing. I like her. I liked her a lot tonight.

So I am still undecided on this voting thing, I might just write my dad's name in, just so I can complain. But well, McCain peaked my interest in this smart choice he made. We'll see, maybe he'll have a heart attack (afterall isn't he 80?) and she'll be president....hmmmm....I'm excited to see how this goes.

2 comments:

Dres said...

Em, After I heard Palin speak I totally knew you would like her. She is your kind of person!

KC said...

welcome back to the light! Just kidding. Hey, you like whoever you like. It doesn't matter to me. After all, I voted for Ross Perot!