After the Grand Canyon we stayed the night in Page, Az, and then headed home. Despite a lot of time spent in the car, it was a great weekend!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Grand Canyon or Bust
This weekend my roommate and I headed to Las Vegas for a concert. We decided since we were so close to the Grand Canyon, we should go there also because she has never been there. Since she drives a truck and I drive an Xterra we decided to rent a car so it would not cost a fortune in gas. Friday morning we show up at the car rental place, and a salesman greets us (Gina thinks he was flirting with me the whole time...maybe, maybe not, he was kinda cute though). I tell him I have a reservation and he looks it up on the computer, then comes the kicker... "Emily, how would you like a free upgrade today to that red Xterra out there? You see, the car we were going to rent to you needed to be fixed and it is not back yet." I laughed at him and said "My whole purpose in renting a car, was to save gas money. I drive an Xterra, so a 'free upgrade' does not mean much to me! I'll take my own car, at least I wouldn't have to pay for a rental on top of gas!" Luckily at that point a car was returned and we were on our way...
Las Vegas was fun. We did a little shopping at my all time favorite store H&M. Ate some dinner, then headed to the concert. It was Paulo Nutini and if anyone has not heard of him, check him out! He's great! Besides the Lesbian lovers in front of us, we had a great time!!!
Next stop was the Grand Canyon. I've been there 3 times and that place never ceases to amaze me! It is so beautiful. We went to a few different view points and then decided to hike a little. We got caught in a thunder/rain storm and followed some 'asses' out of the canyon.
Just kidding! It was kind of cool to see these riders all lined up putting their rain gear on. Then we had to wait for them to pass us. That's kind of spooky watching a donkey pass you so close to the edge of the canyon.
After the Grand Canyon we stayed the night in Page, Az, and then headed home. Despite a lot of time spent in the car, it was a great weekend!
After the Grand Canyon we stayed the night in Page, Az, and then headed home. Despite a lot of time spent in the car, it was a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you weren't at the place that collapsed this morning! Sounds like fun...I MISS H&M!
You are dead to me especially if you went to the H&M at Town Square Mall that is 5 min from my house!!! But I still love you.
You have the best adventures Em!
Post a Comment