Monday, August 11, 2008
Yup I work for the Government
My PDA died today. I need a new one. At work, I depend heavily on it. I really like the system I have going so was looking into a new one. Since I work for the state they will provide us with a 'planner'. I don't want a paper planner, I like what I have now. So I thought, great idea! State gives me what they would put towards my 'planner' and I use my money to make up the difference to get me a new PDA. Nope that's not how it works. How does it work? I go to Franklin Covey, pick out the 'paper planner system' I want, including the binder and put it on the state account. This does not include PDA's. Because I am stubborn, and because I only use the PDA for work, I am going back to the dark ages of 'paper planners'. But you can sure bet I am going to go find the most expensive binder-paper-planner system I can find.....there you go folks....your state tax dollars at work! Thank you for helping buy my new paper planner system.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad that I can support you having a paper planner. I tried and tried and tried again to have a planner. . . lets be honest, even when they are cute I don't use them. Mostly I just lose them! :)
You should get the most expensive one and then TRY to sell it on ebay to fund a PDA. Hmmm....do you think you could sell it on ebay? Do people actually buy those things?
I'm with Alita. I was going to suggest that you buy the expensive planner and then go back and return it and use your credit towards a new PDA. Just think of this as a learning opportunity, working for the state not only helps you build patience but also you are getting so many opportunities for creative problem solving. Or if nothing else, you can just live it up and stick it to the man.
Sorry Emily!!!
I didn't think anybody used those things anymore! LOL
Post a Comment